Official Forum for Ottawa Paranormal Research & Investigations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All ads below are not associated or supported by OPRI

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What does the bible say?

Go down 

Do you believe in demons
Yes
What does the bible say? I_vote_lcap100%What does the bible say? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
What does the bible say? I_vote_lcap0%What does the bible say? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe but need proof
 0% [ 0 ]
don't care
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
platoangelakis

What does the bible say? Empty
PostSubject: What does the bible say?   What does the bible say? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Hello to all.  
I open this forum discussion with the simple question.    Do you believe?
Do we believe in demonic procession or demonic infiltration of a home?
The question is answered in two ways.  If you don't believe then one goes about there life. But I add to this question, do you believe in the Divine (God whom ever that means to you).  You can not believe in the Divine and yet not believe in the demonic.  Choosing not to believe in the demonic doesn't make it not real.   If you don't believe either the Divine or the demonic then you go about your life and its as simple as that.
However, If you do believe in the Divine (GOD), then you need to believe that there is also a demonic presence that is lurking about.  Virtually all religions have names, stories, references of some sort to this.  So no matter what your faith, some where there is made some reference to the demonic presence.  For those who don't believe of either; no reference of any sort will convince you. They are the people who need to see to believe. For the some of us, we have already seen enough demonic drama to last a life time.  For those of you who do not believe I bid you well but caution you again that not believing doesn't make it any less real.

For the rest of us, it is here I will begin to share and post the biblical references from many sources.

"Be sober, be diligent; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."     (1 Peter 5:Cool.

"Demons tremble before God"     (James 2:19).

"For God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to Tartarus and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world on the ungodly..."                          (2 Peter 2: 4-5).

Jesus said, "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." (Matthew 24: 37).  How were the days of Noah? They were violent and according to (2 Peter 2) these are the days that the angels fell and were judged. According to (Jude 6) these are the days that the angels fell and some were chained in Tartarus.

Other biblical references to read. (1st Corinthians 10: 20, 21; Revelation 9:20' Deuteronomy 32:17; Genesis chapter 3).  King James version.

Moreover,
   The Jews believed that they may be the ghosts of the wicked dead (Josephus, War vii. 6, 3).
They believed that demons could be exorcised by means of roots or herbs and by invoking the name of Solomon (Josephus, Antiquities viii. 2, 5).
The Book of Tobit suggests that they can be driven away by the foul odor of the roasting of the heart and liver of a fish (Tobit 6:7, 16, 17).

The list goes on and on.  So as you make your way through your research and browse through biblical references or search out other faiths;
I ask you again........do you believe?
Back to top Go down

What does the bible say?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Forum for Ottawa Paranormal Research & Investigations.  :: Paranormal Discussions :: Ghosts and Hauntings :: Demonic Hauntings-
Jump to: